About the Journal
Works in Progress in Embedded Computing (WiPiEC) Journal is open access periodical publication dedicated to Embedded Systems (ES), Cyber Physical Systems (CPS), Internet of Things (IoT), General Computing (hardware and software) and Related Fields. It originated from project EMBEDDEDCOMPUTING.ME and its traditional premier events Mediterranean Conference on Embedded Computing (MECO), International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems and Internet-of-Things (CPS&IoT) and Summer School on Cyber Physical Systems and Internet of Things (SSCPS&IoT) dating from 2012.
In addition to global research and professional fields bounded by these conferences, WiPiEC deals with:
- Software and Hardware Architectures for Embedded Systems.
- Systems on Chip (SoCs) and Multicore Systems.
- Networking and Connectivity.
- Sensors and Sensor Networks.
- Mobile and Pervasive/Ubiquitous Computing.
- Distributed Embedded Computing.
- Real-Time Systems.
- Reconfigurable Systems.
- Design Methodology and Tools.
- System Architecture Synthesis.
- Ontology engineering.
- Description logic for ontology engineering.
- Multi-objective Optimization.
- Low-power Design and Energy Management.
- Hardware/Software Simulation.
- Rapid prototyping.
- Testing and Benchmarking.
- Micro and Nano Technology.
- Internet of Things.
- Organic/Flexible/Printed Electronics.
- VLSI Design and Implementation.
- Microcontrollers and FPGAs.
- Embedded Real-Time Operating Systems.
- Cloud Computing in Embedded System Development.
- Cyber physical systems.
- Digital Filter Design.
- Digital Signal Processing and Applications.
- Image and Multidimensional Signal Processing.
- Embedded Systems in Multimedia and Communications.
- Consumer Electronics.
- Wearable Health Care.
- Advanced signal processing.
- Emergency and Disaster Management.
- Identification and Supervision Systems.
- Industrial, Bio-Medical,
- Automotive and Avionic Systems.
- Embedded Robotics,
- Instrumentation and Measurement.
- Embedded Systems in Energy Efficiency.
- ICT for smart grids. Embedded systems for electric energy production,transmission and markets,
- and.... other related areas.
The first WiPiEC issue has been published in 2015 and, temporary, has publication frequency once a year with a tendency to increase. Other relevant data can be summarized in:
Publisher: MECOnet Consortium: MANT, MECOnet d.o.o.
Indexed: ResearchGate, Google Scholar
Types of Contributions
WiPiEC publishes full papers, short/demo papers, design ideas and reports.
Full papers may be research or professional articles, surveys, or tutorials. They are archival quality papers making a significant contribution to the field. Full papers are normally limited to 6 pages in the journal’s two column format, which will include all references and author biographies (which are optional), but excluding supplementary material. Papers exceeding this length will be subject to a mandatory over-length page charge. Full papers, even if paying an over-length page charge, cannot exceed 10 pages.
Short/demo papers report sufficiently interesting new theories and/or developments, results, simulations, experiments, interesting details in the area. Short papers are limited to 4 pages in the journal’s two column format, which will include all references and author biographies (which are optional). The supplementary material is excluded. Papers exceeding this length will be subject to a mandatory over-length page charge. Short papers, even if paying an over-length page charge, cannot exceed 6 pages.
Design ideas are papers of maximum 2 pages dedicated to publishing interesting ideas, approaches in designing hardware, software, systems or specific digital or analog circuits.
All papers are subject of strong review process, managed by associate editor or other responsible persons. The idea of the review process is to get the most competent review in the shortest possible time, for a maximum of 3 weeks.
All submissions should be accompanied by a covering letter or note indicating the type of the submission (letter, short paper, full paper or survey) and whether it is a candidate for a special issue.
More about templates and submission procedures in section Submission.